Free 2 day training course
Parents speaking up for their children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part?
Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at email@example.com
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy