Update from Health on delivering services during COVID19 restrictions
The SEND team has forwarded an update from Health with regards to how they are continuing to support children and families during this time for the PCF to share with members:
- Therapists are maintaining contact with families via phone calls at the moment, and through face to face appointments (South Cheshire only) if absolutely needed.
- Orthotics appointments are being maintained, as are equipment checks as required.
- Some work is still continuing in special schools were need is required, although reduced due to lower numbers of children
- A dysphagia service (SALT service for feeding and swallowing difficulties) is continuing as normal.
- Skype or virtual clinics are being used as well, specifically with speech and language staff.
- Staff are liaising with schools where they are still open, and linking in with them and parents as required.
- There is a contact number that has been shared with all parents also for all services. ECT SALT have a Facebook page that has had a high number of views.
- Feedback from parents has been positive and supportive
If you have any questions you would like our parent representatives to ask, or concerns you would like them to raise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org