Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at email@example.com
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
SEND Summer Partnership Picnic
21/06/2018 | 16:15 - 19:00 | Congleton Town Hall
Children & young people with SEND, and their families are invited to a summer picnic! Come along for some after school / college fun – a picnic, some fun activities and the chance to have your say on how you would like to work with the local authority SEND team, social services and health services. […]
CYG: Reubens Smokehouse – Friends for Leisure (Congleton)
21/06/2018 | 17:00 to 18:30 | Reuben's Smokehouse, 46, Lawton Street, Congleton, CW12 1RS
Congleton Youth Group – age 11 – 14 – Every other Thursday evening in term time – £10.00 Tuck shop available REUBENS SMOKEHOUSE Includes a selection of American food for you to try & juice drink Please note: All Friends for Leisure activities are for young people who are registered with FFL. If you are not […]
Bowling – Friends for Leisure (Crewe)
23/06/2018 | 10:00 to 11:15 | MFA Bowling, Phoenix Leisure Park, Crewe, Dunwoody Way, CW1 3AJ
£3.50 – Bowling: Join your friends for a game on a Saturday morning Please note: All Friends for Leisure activities are for young people who are registered with FFL. If you are not already registered or know someone who would like to attend please visit our website www.friendsforleisure.org.uk | 01260 275333 | firstname.lastname@example.org Friends for Leisure – Promoting everyday friendship […]