Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October 2014
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at email@example.com
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
SEND Voice Matters – Secondary
28/06/2019 | 13:00 to 15:00 | Middlewich High School, King Edward Street, Middlewich, CW10 4BU
SEND Voice Matters event for secondary age An event designed specifically for primary school age SEND Children and Young People to have their voice heard. (A SEND Voice Matters event – Primarywill run in the morning) Schools are invited to bring along their students to meet the Participation Team and get involved with some fun activities. It […]
SEND Voice Matters: Primary age
28/06/2019 | 10:00 to 12:00 | Middlewich High School, King Edward Street, Middlewich, CW10 4BU
SEND Voice Matters event – Primary An event designed specifically for primary school age SEND Children and Young People to have their voice heard. (A SEND Voice Matters event for secondary age children & young people will run in the afternoon) Schools are invited to bring along their students to meet the Participation Team and get involved […]
Planning for your future – transitions information event
04/07/2019 | 12:00 to 20:00 | Holmes Chapel Community Centre, CW4 8AA (opposite the train station)
It is a drop in event for young people with additional needs and their families (services aimed from year 9 upwards) no need to book. It is never too early to start thinking about what you might like to do in the future! This event will help you start thinking about what matters to you and help you find […]