Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
Coffee, chat & chill: Middlewich Additional Needs Network
28/12/2018 | 10:30 - 13:30 | The Harvester Salt Cellar, Pochin Way, Holmes Chapel Rd, Middlewich CW10 0JB
Middlewich Additional Needs Network monthly coffee chat & chill Have a coffee (refillable) or even a breakfast, chat, relax for a while. Come and find out what we’re up to, and even suggest something that your children/young adults might like to try. Bring your little ones along, we really don’t mind. Everyone is very welcome.
SEND Youth Forum – Crewe
31/12/2018 | 18.00 - 20.00 | Crewe Youth Support Hub, 23 - 25 Market Street, Crewe CW1 2EW
SEND Youth Forum For more information please get in touch with Fiona Ellis on 07794437078 If you are 11 – 25 years old and have a diagnosed or undiagnosed additional need, you are invited to to come along and get involved in Cheshire East’s Voice of SEND Crewe SEND Youth Forum Crewe Youth Support Hub, 23 […]
SEND Youth Forum – Macclesfield
14/01/2019 | 18.00 - 20.00 | St Michael's Church, Market Place, Macclesfield, SK10 1EB
SEND Youth Forum For more information please get in touch with Fiona Ellis on 07794437078 If you are 11 – 25 years old and have a diagnosed or undiagnosed additional need, you are invited to to come along and get involved in Cheshire East’s Voice of SEND Macclesfield SEND Youth Forum St Michael’s Church, Market Pl, […]