Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October 2014
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at email@example.com
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
Educational Psychology Consultation Session – Crewe
23/04/2019 | 18.00 - 20.00 | Oak Tree Childrens Centre, Newcastle Street, Crewe, CW1 3LF
Educational Psychology Team Parental Consultation Sessions 2018 Parents, carers; do you have any questions or concerns about the well-being, behaviour, learning or development of your child? Come and speak to an Educational Psychologist. We will be holding free 45 minutes sessions for parents/carers in Children’s Centres (see dates below). Booking is required. Conversations tend to be […]
Educational Psychology Team Parental Consultation Sessions – Monks Coppenhall
14/05/2019 | 18.00 - 20.00 | Monks Coppenhall Children’s Centre, Remer Street, Crewe, CW1 4LY
Educational Psychology Team Parental Consultation Sessions Parents, carers; do you have any questions or concerns about the well-being, behaviour, learning or development of your child? Come and speak to an Educational Psychologist. We will be holding free 45 minutes sessions for parents/carers in Children’s Centres (see dates below). Booking is required. Conversations tend to be more […]
Cupcake decorating class (Macc – Cheshire & Warrington Carers Trust)
20/05/2019 | 18.00 - 20.00 | Cherry Blossom Bakery, Macclesfield
TIME FOR ME MONDAY 20 MAY 6-8PM CUPCAKE DECORATING CLASS VENUE: CHERRY BLOSSOM BAKERY 6 CHURCH STREET MACCLESFIELD SK11 6LB If you would like to apply for a place at this carers session please email Lisa@cheshireandwarringtoncarers.org. Priority if oversubscribed will be given to those who have not recently attended a break. Many thanks.