Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at email@example.com
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
Multi Sport Activity Session – Everybody Sport (Macclesfield)
17/08/2018 | 13:30 to 15:30 | Macclesfield Leisure Centre, Priory Lane, Macclesfield SK10 4AF
Multi-Sports Activity Session Come along with the whole family and join us for an afternoon of fun multi-sports activities including ten pin bowling, football, soft archery, arts and crafts and much more. £3.60 per child, siblings and friends welcome Everybody Sport & Recreation – click here to go to the disability sports section of the Everybody website Call 07506 […]
“Silly Milly & Jolly Molly” Family Fun (Crewe)
17/08/2018 | 10:30 to 12:30 | Unit 1, Brierley Business Centre, Mirion Street, Crewe, CW1 2AZ
Summer Holiday Family Fun event from Cheshire & Warrington Carers Trust – a FREE event open to families of children who have additional needs living in Cheshire East BOOK NOW: 01270 257331 / EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org Let Silly Milly and Jolly Molly entertain the children while you enjoy a coffee and a chat with other carers. […]
Family Camp – Oakhanger Project (Anglesey)
17/08/2018 | 15:00 to midnight | Tyn Rhos Campsite, Anglesey
Family Camp Nature walks, BBQ, kayaking, beach activities – please email or ring for details *Booking essential* Oakhanger Project – click here to visit the Oakhanger Project website Inclusive activities for children & adults of all ages – come and have a go at canoeing, kayaking and raft building, join the nature trail and have fun […]