Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at email@example.com
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
Educational Psychology Service Consultation Sessions – Congleton
16/10/2018 | 18.00 - 20.00 | Congleton and Holmes Chapel Children’s Centre, New Street, Congleton, CW12 3AH
Educational Psychology Team Parental Consultation Sessions 2018 Parents, carers; do you have any questions or concerns about the well-being, behaviour, learning or development of your child? Come and speak to an Educational Psychologist. We will be holding free 45 minutes sessions for parents/carers in Children’s Centres (see dates below). Booking is required. Conversations tend to be […]
Jewellery Workshop: Cheshire & Warrington Carers Trust (Crewe)
17/10/2018 | 10:30 to 12:30 | Unit 1, Brierley Business Centre, Mirion Street, Crewe, CW1 2AZ
Jewellery workshop Weds 17 October at Crewe Carers Centre 10.30-12.30 £2 per person please contact Lisa Tydd on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01270 257331 if you would like to attend.
Parents coffee morning @ Autism Inclusive (Crewe)
17/10/2018 | 09:15 - 13:00 | Unit 9, Brierley Business Centre, Mirion Street, Crewe, CW1 2AZ
Parents coffee morning @ Autism Inclusive (Crewe) Parents drop in session – coffee, advice, support and chat