Free 2 day course:
Parents Speaking Up for Their Children in Cheshire East
Wednesdays 8th and 15th October
10am – 2.30pm lunch provided.
Venue: Middlewich Community Church, Brooks Lane,
Why should I take part? Anyone who has a child with a disability who wants to become more involved in shaping the services commissioned and delivered throughout Cheshire East.
What will I learn?
- Tips and strategies to help you get the most out of meetings
- Communication skills that will help you feel more confident when expressing your views
- What is meant by ‘participation’
How will I learn?
- By having discussions and joining in group activities
- By sharing your own knowledge and experience with other parents and learning from them in return
What will I be able to do at the end of the two days?
- Use the tips, strategies and skills you’ve learnt to prepare for meetings and take part in them effectively
- Understand the different types of participation
- Speak up more confidently for children in Cheshire East, whether it’s your own child or on behalf of the Parent Carer Forum
Some of the topics that you will cover:
- Using positive language
- Active listening
- Developing rapport
- Understanding different perspectives, from parents and professionals
- What participation means and why it’s important
- Explore the role of the parent representative
- Tips on how to stay calm and feel confident in meetings
For more information or to book a place contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
All transport and childcare costs will be covered as per our expenses policy
Please note this is one set of training delivered over 2 days so you should aim to attend both Wednesdays.
Activity Hub (Crewe)
19/11/2017 | 14:00 to 15:30 | Crewe Lifestyle Centre, Moss Square, Crewe, CW1 2BB
Everybody Leisure’s Activity Hubs are a fortnightly multi-sport and play session supporting children with a range of disabilities to be physically active.The Activity Hub consists of a variety of activities including special themed events and quiet areas, based on consultation, to keep participants engaged. Activities will be age appropriate to ensure young people enjoy the session, […]
Building self esteem & confidence assertiveness course (week three) Altrincham
23/11/2017 | 12:45 to 14:45 | The Counselling and Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, WA15 9RP
Building Self-esteem and Confidence A 6 week course in assertiveness Dates: Thursday 9th November for 6 consecutive weeks until Thursday 14th December 2017 Time: 12.45pm – 2.45pm Location: The Counselling and Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 9RP Trainer: Victoria Abadi MBACP counsellor, qualified for 18 years. Families and Addictions Co-ordinator at The Counselling & Family Centre […]
Activ8 Play Session (Macclesfield)
27/11/2017 | 18:00 to 19:30 | Fun4All, 7 - 8 Queens Avenue Industrial Estate, Macclesfield, SK10 2DG
Everybody’s Activ8 sessions allow children to try out new activities and let off steam without fear of being judged. Children can play on the specialist soft play equipment, and get creative with arts and crafts, supervised by our friendly coaches and volunteers. The sessions run every fortnight and take place at Fun 4 All at Macclesfield […]