Headlines from the parent carer forum steering group 09/10/2018:
- Cheshire East SEND team will be contacting all parents of children on EHC plans as part of their plan to improve the quality of EHCP s after the Ofsted review.
They will also be asking external peer reviewers to assess the quality of plans in Cheshire east.
Click here to see IPSEA’s guidance on what an EHCP should contain, and a link to their EHCP checklist
- CEIAS are planning to review how they reach out to families or groups who don t access their service at the moment but need their support or advice.
- The parent carer forum is still feeding back the on going difficulties with transport and requesting meeting times.
- The group also heard presentations about a new framework about preparing for adulthood that could be used to help everyone start thinking about this as early as possible
- High Peak school – a residential school for children and young people with various Special educational needs that has accepted children referred by Cheshire East.